Please use the following link for Citation Payments.
Click the link below to request deferred disposition
Alternatives to Full Payment of Fine or Cost
If you have been assessed a fine and court cost due to a citation and you are unable to pay: You are required to notify the court immediately. If you are determined by the court to have insufficient resources or income to pay, the court is allowed to provide you other ways to discharge the fine and costs. For an alternative to pay you will need to schedule a court date. A court date cannot be scheduled over the phone, you will need to come into our office in person during normal business hours. Our hours are 7:30 to 4:30, Monday-Friday.
Where is Lakeside Court Held?
9830 Confederate Park Road
Lakeside, Texas 76108
Phone: (817) 237-1234
Fax: (817) 238-9187
Our office is open Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Self Help Resources
The Driver Responsibility Program (DRP)
The Driver Responsibility Program (DRP) establishes a system that authorizes the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) to assess surcharges to an individual based on certain traffic offenses. This program was developed to encourage safe driving habits. These surcharges are assessed in two ways, a point system and conviction based.
Visit the link below for the Texas DPS Driver responsibility Surcharge Program which will have information about surcharges & points assessed to your driver’s license.
Municipal Court Dates
All court dates are subject to change without notice. You have 10 days from the date of your citation to come in and take care of the citation or request a court date.
FY 2018-2019 Court Dates
Plea Dockets start at 3:30 p.m.
You must make a request at the court window to be placed on the docket.
- October 09, 2018
- November 13, 2018
- December 11, 2018
- January 8, 2019
- February 12, 2019
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- Expired License Plate Registration: You may request the charge to be dismissed if the violation was corrected within 20 days from the date of offense or before your first court appearance date, whichever is later. You must bring in receipt of correction from the County Tax Assessor-Collector’s office that shows that you paid the penalty. The compliance fee is $20.00 for dismissal. Juveniles (anyone 16 years of age or younger) must appear before the Judge on the court date.
- Expired Driver’s License or Failed to Change Address/Name on Driver’s License: You may request the charge be dismissed if the violation was corrected within 20 days from the date of offense or before your first court appearance date, whichever is later. You must bring in proof along with a $20.00 compliance fee per charge. Juveniles (anyone 16 years of age or younger) must appear before the Judge on the court date.
- Failed to Display Driver’s License: You may request the charge be dismissed if the violation was corrected within 20 days from the date of the offense or before your first court appearance date, whichever is later. You must bring in proof that shows a valid driver’s license at the time of the offense along with a $10.00 compliance fee. Juveniles (anyone 16 years of age or younger) must appear before the Judge on the court date.
- Financial Responsibility (FMFR): You must present a valid liability insurance card that was valid on the date and time that you were cited. Your proof of insurance will be verified and, upon verification, your case will be dismissed. Juveniles (anyone 16 years of age or younger) must appear before the Judge on the court date.
- Do not take the course before obtaining court approval.
- If you hold a commercial driver’s license (CDL), you are not eligible to take a defensive driving course.
- If you are charged with a traffic offense written under the subtitle C, Texas Transportation Code, you may request the defensive driving course with the court clerk prior to your original court date or by appearing in court and requesting it from the Judge. To request defensive driving, you must be able to provide a valid Texas Driver’s License, current liability insurance and pay the Administrative fee and State fee of $109.00.
You are eligible to request this course if you:
- Have not requested and taken a driving safety course for a traffic offense within the past 12 months.
- Are not currently taking the course for another traffic violation.
- Did not commit one of the following offenses:
a) Speeding 25 mph or more over the speed limit in a regular zone
b) Speeding in a Construction Zone with Workers Present
c) Failure to Give Information at the Scene of an Accident
d) Leaving the Scene of an Accident
e) Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a Police Officer
f) Reckless Driving
g) Passing a School Bus
You will have 90 days from the date of the request to complete and return a certificate of completion and a copy of your certified driving record to the Court office. Your driving record may be obtained from the Texas Department of Public Safety. If you do not return both the certificate of completion and driving record to the Court within the 90 days, you will be required to appear before the Municipal Court Judge to show cause why you failed to show proof of completion. Your failure to appear at the hearing may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.
Defensive Driving Application
Driving Record Application
You may submit your request for your certified driving record online at www.txdps.state.tx.us/driverlicense/driverrecords.htm (The fee for online is $12.00 or you can mail the request and the fee is $10.00)