Trash Pickup Days and Other Information
- Pickup days are Tuesdays & Fridays. Trash will not be picked up on July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Garbage & Recycling must be at the curb no later than 7:00 A.M. Recycling is picked up on Friday by a separate truck
- *Limits of 6 additional trash bags at curb for pick up each trash day.
- Each resident will provide and use containers for trash that securely close in such a manner to prevent the scattering of the contents thereof and to render said containers inaccessible to insects, rodents and other animals. Cans and bags must weight no more than 50 lbs. and be no larger than 30 gallons in size. Items must be placed within six feet of the curb.
- Recycling Containers are available at Town Hall.
Bulk Item Pickup
Progressive Waste dba Waste Connections will do a monthly bulk pickup for residents that reside inside the city limits of Lakeside. The monthly bulk pickup will begin on May 17, 2017. The monthly bulk pickup will be on the third Wednesday of each month and conclude on the third Saturday of each month. Items must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. The earliest that you can place your items at the curb will be the Saturday before the Bulk pickup begins. The items can not exceed twenty (20) cubic yards in total volume or have any individual item exceeding fifty (50) pounds in weight. These items may include, but shall not be limited to, stoves, refrigerators and HVAC’s (with verification that CFC components have been removed by a certified technician), water tanks, hot water heaters, washing machines, furniture, and similar waste materials other than construction or demolition waste, hazardous waste, tires, dead animals or stable matter.
Brush will be picked up at the curb on your normal pickup day if it is cut into four-foot lengths and bundled. Bundles should not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
Household Hazardous Waste
The Town of Lakeside has an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Fort Worth that allows citizens to dispose of household hazardous waste at the Environmental Collection Center (ECC) located at 6400 Bridge Street, Fort Worth, TX 76112. The phone number for the ECC is 817-392-3279. Citizens must pick up a voucher from Town Hall to take with them to the center. The fee is $47.
ECC Hours of Operation:
Thursday and Friday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.